View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invanov
Sylvannov

re: Character Background and Essay Contest

Greetings Silence members, as some of you may know I will be holding a contest for character background stories and an Essay contest. I have some rather fun prizes to dole out to those of you that take the time to actually get involved. This contest is only available to members of the Guild that have applied for membership here on GuildLaunch. So pony up, register, log your many characters into the guild roster, and post your stories!

That is all -- Sylvannov

Last edited by Sylvannov on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

re: Here's mine !

Leyena Al'aran was born in a small village on the planet of Ord Mantell. Born a normal girl, she enjoyed peace all through her childhood, learning the languages of the world and gaining knowledge on the republic. Leyena was always more of a tactician rather than athlete, being the team captain in most of the capture the flag games she played with fellow villagers. When Leyena was about 14, the seperatist movement had finally reached her area of the town, destroying everything and converting some of the villagers into seperatist soldiers. While hiding with her child hood friend, Nyeskevio, they were found and promptly Pistol whipped untill they became unresponsive, causing her to become blind in both eyes and causing Nyeskevio to lose his ability to understand Common Sense. This crushed her dreams over ever becoming a tactition as a proffesion. At the age of 18, Leyena had completed schooling and graduated a valedictorian despite her handicap, giving her a grand amount of money for any sort of education that she had planned on pursuing in the future. With the money that Leyena had achieved, she invested it in gaining a Cyborg Visual so that she would be able to pursue her career as an officer in the Republic. While the operation was a great success, Leyena had been frowned upon by most of her family for becoming what they believed was "A mindless machine". She enlisted in the Republic as a trooper since she did not posess any special force powers, and pursued this career throughout her life. At her current age, 23, Leyena is a Lieutenant in the Republic command, and runs her own squadron of troopers within a group known as the Misfits. She is married to Nyeskevio and now has the last name of him, Evangelo. Leyena is known as one of the kindest and pure hearted officers in the Republic, putting her ethics and morals before her service in many situations.
Invanov
Sylvannov

re: Invanov Chapter 1 - Awakening

Invannov Chapter 1 – The awakening

Invanov awoke not sure of his surroundings. The date, his location, or even his name, all of it escaped him. He tried to move only to discover he was restrained or tied down it was not clear to him. His vision was a blur and his eyes would not seem to respond to the mental command to open. His limbs would not respond to the thought of movements either. His voice too was not his own to yell and scream at his frustrations. What did work was his hearing, surprisingly well it would seem.

He could hear it clear enough even microscopically well. He would clear his mind and concentrate on that alone. Again he was surprised at the control he had over his auditory function. It was like nothing that he had experienced before. Before, there was that nagging feeling echoing in his thoughts as he tried to hear everything, what was before? No memories would come to the surface, no family could be manifested, no teachers, no schools, not one. But there it was that feeling that it was there somewhere.

Those sounds, what were they; he knew that he must have known what they were? The buzzing, the hissing, the grinding, and the mechanical and industrial noises were very real in his mind and he was cataloguing each and every one of them with blinding speed and encyclopedic perfection. Then a voice entered his hearing, not one that he recognized right away, and within seconds the strange utterances became clear. – “Yes, this one will do. Process it for the cloning. Install the training and the protocols.” There was a short pause, “Terminate its life function until it is complete.” There was another mechanical click and it was the last thing Invanov heard.

Invanov awoke once more to the sound of nearly twenty four different languages that he immediately understood completely. Instinctively all voices were catalogued and copied perfectly in his mind. He again found himself confined and unable to command his limbs to motion with one exception, his vision. He willed his eyes to function. He discovered that it was not eyelids that had responded but rather something more akin to camera shutters opening and closing at immeasurable speeds. He noticed that his vision mutated between different spectrums; infrared, ultraviolet, unfiltered, polarized, telescoping abilities, x-ray and gamma spectrums, sub-space transmissions and radio waves were visible. His mind was reeling with all of the data he was gathering with nothing more than his eyes. Even stranger was that the entire immense amount of data was being filtered, stored, and archived in his memory at lightening speeds.

A being bent over him and came into view, his eyes and senses were hyper acute and examining the being, full biological scans were completed in a single blink. The strengths and weaknesses of the being were identified; a complete medical dossier was formed and stored in his memory before he realized it right down to full genetic mapping of the creature. Data started to flow into his mind from unknown sources, military files, and intelligence files from multiple planetary governments, the beings name, family, locations, educations, and occupations, absolutely EVERYTHING. Invanov mentally had the urge to vomit but his body would not respond.

“Intelligence systems functional and operating at 180% expected speed and capacity” It paused, Gan’I’lor Hovek, Rakatan, Scientist and cybernetic master, the data was being completed in Invanov’s mind. “Terminate its life function until it is complete.” Gan’I’lor Hovek commanded to some unseen associate. Again the last thing he heard was the metallic click noise before there was nothing. The nothingness only lasted a moment this time. Something within his mind was preventing the termination from being completed. Invanov was aware that the beings around him were unaware that this had occurred. Even as he began to question why or how the knowledge was being downloaded into his mind automatically, there were self-preservation routines running and he was analyzing himself fully. Invanov was completely aware of himself at that very moment, every change that was made to his physical body, every enhancement, every implant, and every capability that was grafted into his very genetics. The data flowed as easily as the Vossian winds on the plains.

His thoughts flowed now freely as he feigned his status of death to his hosts. “What am I truly?” There were only a few things that he could pull from ‘memory’ other than the flood of information from his moments of consciousness. “My name is Invanov”, he thought, “I am the guardian. I am the keeper of the secret of…” He trailed off in his thoughts unable to complete the memory. Another name came into existence at that moment, “Boann, the blood, the lines of ascendency, the Empress, the breeding, the cloning…” His thoughts interrupted by the awareness of others entering the chamber he was locked within.

A small group of Rakatan voices could be heard, he wrote them all to memory. Accessing computer systems that he could not see, his mind searched them out identifying everyone and everything involved. The Rakatan’s were meticulous record keepers. Something called the first ascendancy of the Sith. He would research this further at his first opportunity. “Initiate the life functions of the subject.” One of them would call out. “Begin combat protocols and infiltration routines.”

He acted as he did before upon ‘waking’. This time was different, his mind flooded with abilities and knowledge’s that he could not have possibly possessed. He became aware of his limbs for the first time taking stock of them, two arms, two legs, fingers, toes, genitals, his face too was not as was expected. His skin began to ram his brain full of information about his surroundings; all of the chemistry of the air about him, the moisture, and the microscopic particulate matter that landed on his flesh was immediately analyzed. He could feel his lungs processing the useful portions of the air he was breathing and storing away anything dangerous. Why? Why were his bodily functions so different than the other beings around him?

His mind began to process everything in lightening fashion before one thought was formed to conclusion all possible outcomes had been presented to his consciousness. A list of actions and reactions, of choices and consequences, and probabilities by the thousand all presented in a blink with the full understanding of the domino effect of each. He calculated them to the very end of time itself. His path had become clear at last. In only the span of a few standard moments of life Invanov had grasped his own purpose and course of actions that needed to happen.

The combat and infiltration routines had completed and had spun a complex web in his mind. He scanned his surroundings once more with the new knowledge that had been ‘awakened’ in him. He reached out with his mind to the surrounding machines and was discovered that he was able to communicate with them. He began to use them without the knowledge of his captors. These Rakatans clearly had designs and plans for him. Something truly dark and sinister was planned, this could not be allowed to occur. The probable extinction of several races of beings and the destruction of multitudes of inhabited worlds would occur. His mission would not be completed and this could not be allowed to happen.

Invanov began to reprogram everything around him without giving one indication that something was not as the aliens had ordered. He allowed them to continue to ‘upload’ information to his brain and to train his body, all the while he had worked out his own plan of action. Several days had come and gone, several times they had ordered his life functions to be ‘terminated’ or ‘started’, and several times they had committed atomic and molecular level procedures on him. With each he learned the extent of their skills, powers, knowledge’s, and expertise. The Rakatans, he would remember them, he would remember their history, their plans and schemes, and their downfall. He would have a hand in their downfall. He would play his part and do their bidding for the time being. He knew that he was benefiting from their science and power.

Some time had passed since he was last ‘started’ while they perfected his alterations. There had been extensive data gathered about the processes that they had used on him. He was for lack of better description a living breathing machine, but nearly perfectly organic in design. It was clear that he was not going to stay a prisoner, that they had plans to plant him somewhere, and that he would use this to his advantage. His reflexes were nearly superhuman, his strength was far beyond what his stature and stance might suggest to the onlooker. His mental acuity was unmatched, even by his Rakatan scientists. He was learning at an alarming rate soaking in even the smallest of details. They had given him the gift of genetic memory this would eventually be his greatest tool and weapon. He was given the full extent of military and combat training, medical training, languages, disguise, and even the ability to change his physical appearance through sheer force of will. Anyone he had come into contact with he could imitate with flawless perfection.

The time had finally come when his ‘benefactors’ had decided it was time to put him to task. He was tasked with searching out and finding the last of the true pure blooded Sith. In this task they had decided to alter his genetics one last time giving him the knowledge of the Force, along with the known history of it, its effects on different races, its influence in the power struggles of the known universe and the full knowledge that this is what ultimately leads to the fall of the Infinite Empire. With all of the previous cybernetic alterations that he had undergone it came as no surprise to himself when we began to learn about the force without the effort of direct training. His systems had simply assimilated the new data, analyzed it, and presented him with a set of options and outcomes based on the history of the Rakatans and their understanding and use of the force.

Invanov was ‘terminated’ once more and again he feigned this action. It was time to study, it was time to absorb all that he had been presented with, and it was time to truly take stock of his own being. His ability to keep track of the time accounted for almost 1000 standard years before they ‘revived’ him. It was in this time that he analyzed all of the data he had collected. He learned the history of several planets and races. Most particularly the planets of Koroban, Belsavis, and Dromond Kass were the focus of his study. Most of the core planets had not yet been disputed by the rising factions and powers in the universe. The Rakatan’s were still the Infinite Empire. There were other planets of interest in the outer rims of the galaxy. There were secretive races that captured his interest.

He also came to the realization that while he had the knowledge of the force and that he was sensitive to it his extensive genetic and cybernetic alterations greatly diminished his ability to utilize or control the force. This was a matter of little concern to him given the wealth of abilities and knowledge he was in complete control of.

His mission was made clear to him as he was given his freedom for the first time in over 1000 years. He was commanded to search out the Sith, the true Sith, the purest of them all. He was commanded to bring a breeding pair back to the Mother machine. Alive or dead was of no consequence as it was the genetic material that the Rakatan’s desired. They wanted what was locked inside, that which they had forsaken so many generations ago. The Force.

re: Here is my backstory.

My name is Anarriah.

I was born on Corellia, to a noble family. I realized I wanted to see the galaxy and explore, so I started to travel. I went to Alderaan, where I met the love of my life, Dweynan.

we spent the next few months together, completely in love, when I received an urgent message from my parents, telling me to come quickly home. I took my belongings and left for Corellia with Dweynan. I soon realized that was my mistake.

My parents had been killed, and I was captured along with Dweynan.

I was made into a plaything for the corrupt republic officers, to whom I had before felt protected by.

I was scarred by this, and I immediately left to find Dweynon when I could escape.

when I found him, he was with another woman, and had gotten over me completely. I had had enough, and I raised my blaster and shot him down, along with the woman.

I had hated him then on. along with the republic. my firefight with him had caused the local authorities to come, and I had to fight my way out. then it went dark.

I woke up, in a surgical room , alone on a bed. I found a mirror, and my face was slashed, (but a scar from the bacta-tank soak) and I had cybernetics implanted along my jaw and throat.

a mysterious man told me I had almost died, and I now needed the cybernetics to breathe. I expressed my deep appreciation and asked how I may help him. his answer was simple.

I was to become his apprentice, to use my hatred to rise in power and help to destroy the republic. I hastily agreed, and from then on went to be known as Shadow Raven.

I am a sith inquisitor, and I will destroy anyone who gets in my way....
Anarriah

re: Anarriah Pt 2- Shadow Raven

My hunt for the murderers of my parents did not take long.

I cut them down as they begged me for mercy.

I show no one mercy as, no one showed me any. I had it all, and lost it in only a matter of days.

my wealth was stolen, my home burned down. my parents and family slain, and my cheating ex-lover dead with a blaster bolt to the chest. I look at myself every day, remembering the loss. it makes me stronger.

my new scars and cybernetics remind me of my power every day, and as children scream in terror at the mere sight of me I grin on the inside.

the republic may claim to be just, but they created me.

I hate them, and the jedi scum who claim that they have no emotion, I have a message for.

I would like to see your parents killed and all you loved taken away, and you made into a toy for men, and you stay completely emotionless. YOU WONT! so your 'peace' is truly a lie.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Silence Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum